Glimpses of a Morons life

Friday, May 11, 2007

Appraisal : I love it

The following blog is based on true events. Names of certain characters have been changed to preserve confidentiality. Some of the events have been exaggerated for dramatic adaptation.

9AM :
Boss : Saket ,fill your self appraisal form and send it across.

(Me thinking :Yet another self appraisal. What should I write? Since they say an eye for an eye ,I thought a CRAP for a CRAP is not that bad a idea. CRAP by the way stands for Cant Resist Adding Pain)

Here are my responses

Q :Did you meet the goals you set at the begining of this term?

A: This is a very subjective question. If you ask me I say yes and you say no and since you say no when your boss asks you ,you have to say no since you said no to me ,so how can you achieve your goals if I did not because your goal is to see that I meet my goals. So the best strategy is I say yes and you say yes.

Q:Did you follow the processes?

A: Yes,I tactfully delegated the processes to other people. (So technically this question should be on their forms)
(Close Answer :
Processes ????I did not get the hand book.)

10:30 AM : Boss: Saket,Lets have a chat.(Yeh to hona hi tha)

Boss: Saket , You do blah blah blah right
Me : hmm..
Boss : You do blah blah blah wrong
Me : hmmm ....No but.....
Boss : You do blah blah blah right
Me : thats okay...but..
Boss : You have tremendous potential
(Meaning : the potential will never be realized)
I have teremendous confidence in you and you will go places if you improve upon certain things
(Meaning : forget it this time you will get close to average hike and the meeting ends here)

(Come on guys be creative just for once. All of us know the sandwich method of giving a feed back.Well my experience tells me "blah blah rights" don't count "blah blah wrong" does.)

Closing remark:

Boss : You need to control your emotional outbursts. You are just one step short of voilence when you loose your temper.I will do everything possible to help you. Do Yoga if that helps.

Me : I am already meditating, Sir

2 Comments:

At 3:10 AM , Blogger kaa said...

awesome man awesome

 
At 2:47 AM , Blogger Akshat said...

great......
anyways, I have witnessed it myself many times.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home